Prototype 2 : error xinput1_3 dll is missing or Not found

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mangre
Prototype 2 : error xinput1_3 dll is missing or Not found

I have been trying to start Fallout 3. But, whenever I try to open the game, it shows an error message. The error message shows "error xinput1_3 dll is missing or not found". I don't know what exactly the problem is. Can you help me to solve this issue?

hatrix
I think this error is caused

I think this error is caused due to an Microsoft DirectX error. DirectX is mostly used by Windows based games and advanced graphics programs. To solve this error, you can follow the steps given below.

• Sometimes, restarting the system solves many problems, so before you try anything else, try to restart your system.
  • If this doesn't work then install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX from the Microsoft's website.
  • If installing DirectX from the website doesn't help then try installing the DirectX from the CD or DVD of the game.
  • Sometimes uninstalling the game and then reinstalling can work so try that.
  • After this, you can restore the xinput1_3.dll file from the latest DirectX software package.
  • You also need to update the drivers for your video card.

I hope this solves your problem.

Mangre
You guys have shared quite

You guys have shared quite detailed description for solving my problem. I did try to follow all the solutions you have mentioned above and uninstalling the Fallout 3 game and then reinstalling it again on my system has worked wonders for me. I don't know how but this has certainly solved the error I was getting.

hatrix
Steps to Fix xinput1_3 dll is missing or Not found

I had a similar issue but it was fixed with the help of the procedure below:

1. Download the xinput1_3.dll Fixer
2. Double Click the dffsetup-xinput1_3.exe
3. Hold on till the file is installed.
4. When the installation is finished Fixer will be launched automatically it will take about a minute or two.
5. You will get warnings from your antivirus application if installed on your system.
6. Now fixer will try to connect to the internet in order to download the correct xinput1_3.dll file.
7. Finally install it within the Windows System Folder and then change the Windows Registry. Allow to fixer to make required changes or else the problem will not be fixed.

This file might contain virus so be careful while following the procedures

Ostwald
Well in my case i fixed it a

Well in my case i fixed it a bit differently after trying a number of tricks i was not able to get this issue fixed. Even the solution or fix suggested above by hatrix didn't help me i downloaded the above file and installed it it took about two minutes but was not able to fix this issue. Finally i thought to reinstall the application and it did the trick for me. I uninstalled the Borderlands 2 and then reinstalled the same and the problem was fixed. Hope that this will fix your problem too. Only i have to look for the BorderLands 2 Save Game File or will have to play the game once again.

Popeye
Good solutions you have

Good solutions you have provided here. I was also playing a game and it started showing this directX error. So, when I saw the solutions, I first tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work and then I tried updating the DirectX to the latest version and it worked. Thanks a lot.