OnePlus 5 and 5T get the first Open Beta 1 based on Android 10. It is the very first build of Android 10 and available for everyone to download and use. Users can now collectively put their heads together to find out issues in the ROM and sort out all the bugs and then it will be released to the public.
You can find the download links for Both OnePlus 5 and 5T ROMs in the post and install using the given instruction. Keep in mind that it is an Open beta build and it may contain some bugs, so if you are looking for a daily driver, this is not the ROM for you. But if you want to try out the Android 10 and help in making it stable, then try it out. You can submit the feedback here.
Aside from Android 10, this update brings Full-Screen Gesture for OnePlus 5T. There is a Hidden Bar to allow left-right switches of recent apps.
Table of Contents
- Brand new UI design brings light and fluid experience
- Updated to Android 10
Full-Screen Gesture (OP5T Only)
- Newly added Hidden Bar to allow left-right switches of recent apps
Download Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
For OnePlus 5T: Download
For OnePlus 5: Download
How to Install the Open Beta ROM
- Download the appropriate package for your OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T
- Open the File Manager and move the downloaded .zip package from the Downloads folder to the root directory.
- Open Settings -> System -> System updates
- Press the cogwheel on the top right corner, choose the Local upgrade option, and select the rollback file.
Users who are still on OBT builds for 5/5T can update to this build only via an update from recovery.
- PLEASE NOTE, your entire data will be wiped.
- Turn off the device -> Press power and volume up key simultaneously until the device enters the Fastboot Mode
- Navigate to Recovery option using volume and power button -> Choose English -> Install from Internal storage -> Select the downloaded zip file -> Select ‘Yes’
- Wait until the installation is complete -> Reboot