Moto G9 Play is Motorola’s budget smartphone in their latest Moto G9 series. With a $159 price tag on it, this device is not meant to be great in anything, especially camera, where smartphone manufacturers like to hold on to their superior Image processing for higher-priced devices or flagships. However, as an Android device, you can install GCam on it, a Modded Google Camera app taken from Google Pixel devices. In this post, you will find the best GCam for Moto G9 Play which can enhance the camera performance of Moto G9 Play.
Thanks to the developers, GCam is ported and available as an APK to install in any Android device, provided that, camera2api is enabled in that Android device. GCam uses the camera2api to get better control over the smartphone’s camera sensor and then apply its amazing Image processing algorithms to produce Sharp, detailed Images with Good dynamic range. Night sight, a feature introduced in Google camera v7, captures great photos in low light and hence, improves any Android’s device low light performance by a big margin.
Speaking of Moto G9 Play, it is powered by the Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 chip along with 4 GB of RAM. The display is a 6.5 inches IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The backside contains a triple camera setup with a 48 MP lens as a primary shooter with macro and depth secondary sensors. The front side has an 8 MP selfie shooter. It is fueled by a 5000 mAh battery with 20W fast charging support.
Table of Contents
Download GCam APK for Moto G9 Play
- This post will be updated with a new GCam release if that works better than the previous one. Make sure to Bookmark this post
- No Config File means you can use GCam without it.
|GCam V7.4 by Nikita
|Enable Google AWB to fix Greenish iimages
|GCam V7.3 by Parrot
|GCam V7.3 by Wichaya
How to Install GCam on Moto G9 Play
- GCam APK
- That’s it, Camera2api is already enabled in Moto G9 Play, Install the GCam apk and use it.
To Apply the XML settings for GCam (If Given), Follow this Process:
- Go to File Manager and create a new folder in the root of your Internal Storage as:
- Copy and paste the XML files to “Configs7” sub-folder
- Open GCam and double click on the empty space from the right or left of the shutter button
- Your XMLs should show up there, select one desired XML and click on “Restore”. If GCam restarts, it means that the config file has been loaded
Why use GCam?
HDR+ | Great Dynamic range
Google’s HDR+ is based on Image fusion technology which takes different images and then merges it into a single but more detailed image. It improves dynamic range and also gives better low light shots.
Portrait mode is now fairly common in every smartphone, but GCam clearly got the upper hand in Edge detection and natural blur.
The night is different than HDR+ in many ways. HDR+ gives better dynamic range, on the other hand, Night Sight gives better low light shots by lighting them up and removing noise. So far, Night Sight is the most powerful ability of GCam and is far better than Mi’s Camera.
It simply taking pictures of the Night sky full of the star. It is a feature within Night mode.
- Motion Photos
- Lens Blur
- Photo Sphere
- Motion tracking