Poco M3, the cheapest offering from Poco yet, was one the best budget devices of 2020. It offers capable hardware for a very low price that can hold well for the vast majority of users. Talking about the Camera, because it is a budget device, the image processing is not the best in Poco M3, but thanks to the Android Modding community, we have GCam available for Android devices that can enhance the Camera performance to a certain degree, especially on budget devices. In this post, you will find the best GCam for Poco M3 to enhance the camera performance.
Thanks to the developers, GCam is ported and available as an APK to install on any Android device, provided that, camera2api is enabled in that Android device. GCam uses the camera2api to get better control over the smartphone’s camera sensor and then apply its amazing Image processing algorithms to produce Sharp, detailed Images with Good dynamic range. Night sight, a feature introduced in Google camera v7, captures great photos in low light and hence, improves any Android’s device low light performance by a big margin.
The best GCam for Poco M3 is Nikita’s NGCam 7.4. Many users have reported that everything is working fine on this version of GCam, which includes Portrait mode, HDR+ mode, Video recording, and Night Sight.
Table of Contents
Download GCam APK for Poco M3
- This post will be updated with a new GCam release if that works better than the previous one. Make sure to bookmark this post.
|XML File (Config) [Optional]
|NGCam 7.4 by Nikita (Recommended)
|GCam Go 1.8.3 by Wichaya
How to Install GCam on Poco M3
- GCam APK
- That’s it, Camera2api is already enabled in Poco M3, Install the GCam apk and use it.
To Apply the XML settings for GCam (If Given), Follow this Process:
- Go to File Manager and create a new folder in the root of your Internal Storage as:
- Copy and paste the XML files to “Configs7” sub-folder
- Open GCam and double click on the empty space from the right or left of the shutter button
- Your XMLs should show up there, select one desired XML and click on “Restore”. If GCam restarts, it means that the config file has been loaded
Why use GCam?
HDR+ | Great Dynamic range
Google’s HDR+ is based on Image fusion technology which takes different images and then merges them into a single but more detailed image. It improves dynamic range and also gives better low-light shots.
Portrait mode is now fairly common in every smartphone, but GCam clearly got the upper hand in Edge detection and natural blur.
The night is different than HDR+ in many ways. HDR+ gives better dynamic range, on the other hand, Night Sight gives better low light shots by lighting them up and removing noise. So far, Night Sight is the most powerful ability of GCam and is far better than Mi’s Camera.
It simply taking pictures of Night sky full of the star. It is a feature within Night mode.
- Motion Photos
- Lens Blur
- Photo Sphere
- Motion tracking