Realme 6i is a budget-friendly device in the Realme 6 series and it comes with some capable hardware. The camera setup on the back, that sport a 48 MP 0.8µm lens can produce some nice quality pictures if paired with powerful image processing. And that’s where GCam comes in, it is a ported Camera app from Pixel that brings one of the best image processing to other Android devices. In this post, you will find the best GCam port for Realme 6i.
Thanks to the developers, GCam is ported and available as an APK to install in any Android device, provided that, camera2api is enabled in that Android device. GCam uses the camera2api to get better control over the smartphone’s camera sensor and then apply its amazing Image processing algorithms to produce Sharp, detailed Images with Good dynamic range. Night sight, a feature introduced in Google camera v7, captures great photos in low light and hence, improves any Android’s device low light performance by a big margin.
Realme 6i is powered by the Mediatek Helio G80 chip along with 3, 4 GB of RAM. The display is a 6.5 inches IPS panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and it comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Coming to cameras, the quad-camera setup on the back houses a 48 MP primary shooter and an ultrawide, macro, and depth sensor. The front side has a 16 MP selfie shooter. It is fueled by a 5000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
Table of Contents
Download GCam APK for Realme 6i
- This post will be updated with a new GCam release if that works better than the previous one. Make sure to Bookmark this post
- GCam V7.3 has viewfinder lag while V6.X works perfectly.
|GCam V7.3 by Nikita
How to Install GCam on Realme 6i
- GCam APK
- That’s it, Camera2api is already enabled in Realme 6i, Install the GCam apk and use it.
To Apply the XML settings for GCam (If Given), Follow this Process:
- Go to File Manager and create a new folder in the root of your Internal Storage as:
- Copy and paste the XML files to “Configs7” sub-folder
- Open GCam and double click on the empty space from the right or left of the shutter button
- Your XMLs should show up there, select one desired XML and click on “Restore”. If GCam restarts, it means that the config file has been loaded
Why use GCam?
HDR+ | Great Dynamic range
Google’s HDR+ is based on Image fusion technology which takes different images and then merges it into a single but more detailed image. It improves dynamic range and also gives better low light shots.
Portrait mode is now fairly common in every smartphone, but GCam clearly got the upper hand in Edge detection and natural blur.
The night is different than HDR+ in many ways. HDR+ gives better dynamic range, on the other hand, Night Sight gives better low light shots by lighting them up and removing noise. So far, Night Sight is the most powerful ability of GCam and is far better than Mi’s Camera.
It simply taking pictures of Night sky full of the star. It is a feature within Night mode.
- Motion Photos
- Lens Blur
- Photo Sphere
- Motion tracking