Redmi 9T, which sport a Snapdragon 662 along with a 48MP/0.8µm primary lens on the rear side, can be a good camera device if combined with good image processing. The stock camera app is not comparable to higher-priced Redmi Note 9 or Poco devices when it comes to camera quality, but it can be improved with the help of GCam aka Google Camera. In this post, you will find the best GCam for Redmi 9T.
Thanks to the developers, GCam is ported and available as an APK to install on any Android device, provided that, camera2api is enabled in that Android device. GCam uses the camera2api to get better control over the smartphone’s camera sensor and then apply its amazing Image processing algorithms to produce Sharp, detailed Images with Good dynamic range. Night sight, a feature introduced in Google camera v7, captures great photos in low light and hence, improves any Android’s device low light performance by a big margin.
The Best GCam for Redmi 9T so far is MGC_8.1.101 by BSG. Although this version still has to be tested a little bit more to confirm the working of every major feature, the feedback so far is promising. The HDR, Portrait, and Night Sight are working perfectly.
Make sure to give your feedback on this GCam in the comment section, or if you are using some other version, then let us know.
Table of Contents
Download GCam APK for Redmi 9T
- This post will be updated with a new GCam release if that works better than the previous one. Make sure to Bookmark this post
- Config files are hard to come by, we will update the post once we will get our hands on one.
|XML File (Config)
|MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0f by BSG
How to Install GCam on Redmi 9T
- GCam APK
- That’s it, Camera2api is already enabled in Redmi 9T, Install the GCam apk and use it.
To Apply the XML settings for GCam (If Given), Follow this Process:
- Go to File Manager and create a new folder in the root of your Internal Storage as:
- Copy and paste the XML files to “Configs7” sub-folder
- Open GCam and double click on the empty space from the right or left of the shutter button
- Your XMLs should show up there, select one desired XML and click on “Restore”. If GCam restarts, it means that the config file has been loaded
Why use GCam?
HDR+ | Great Dynamic range
Google’s HDR+ is based on Image fusion technology which takes different images and then merges them into a single but more detailed image. It improves dynamic range and also gives better low-light shots.
Portrait mode is now fairly common in every smartphone, but GCam clearly got the upper hand in Edge detection and natural blur.
The night is different than HDR+ in many ways. HDR+ gives better dynamic range, on the other hand, Night Sight gives better low light shots by lighting them up and removing noise. So far, Night Sight is the most powerful ability of GCam and is far better than Mi’s Camera.
It simply taking pictures of the night sky full of the star. It is a feature within Night mode.
- Motion Photos
- Lens Blur
- Photo Sphere
- Motion tracking