Nokia started the rollout of the April 2020 Security patch this week, and today, they pushed it for Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 1. The new Update brings more security to your device. The Nokia 6.2 also upgraded to Android 10 with the update.
The Update for Nokia 6.2 comes with the version number V2.290 and weighs around 1.69 GB in size. It brings the much-awaited Android 10 the device. You can find the update in the Software updater app in Settings. This is the only way to upgrade Nokia 6.2 as Nokia disabled the Manual Installation on it.
The update for Nokia 1 comes with version number FRT-220D-0-00WW-B01 and weighs around 68.7 Mb for the OTA. You can install this manually by downloading the package from below. To recall, Nokia 1 is a budget device and runs on the Android Pie based Android GO.
Table of Contents
Download the Updates
How to Install the Update manually on Nokia 1
- First of all, here are some things you need to know about:
- You do not need to Unlock the Bootloader
- Your data will not be Wiped
- Charge your Device enough so no interruption occurs
- Install the USB drivers for your Nokia device
Method 1: Sideload the OTA package
7. Type the following in Powershell or Command window
adb reboot recovery
10. Type this in Powershell or Command window
adb sideload update.zip