OnePlus 5 and 5T received the first Android 10 OxygenOS Open beta build last week. And just 5 days after, the second Open Beta 2 is out that brings the April Security patch, some bugs fixes, optimizations, and improved split-screen operation experience.
It’s great to see such great support from OnePlus toward a 2017 smartphone. To recall, OnePlus promised 24-month regular Software updates for the OnePlus 5 and 5T and an additional 12 months of Security updates. This means that this is the last major software update for OnePlsu 5 and 5T but it will receive security patches until mid-2021.
As these Open Beta updates are not under the Open Beta channel, you have to download and install them manually. Download links and installation instructions are available below.
Table of Contents
- Optimized split-screen operation experience
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.04
Download Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
To upgrade from Open Beta 1 to Open Beta 2:
- Download the appropriate package for your device: OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T
- Move the downloaded .zip package from the Downloads folder to the root directory.
- Open Settings – System – System updates, press the cogwheel on the top right corner, choose the Local upgrade option, and select the rollback file.
Users who are still on OBT builds for 5/5T can update to this build only via an update from recovery.
- Turn off the device -> Press power and volume up key simultaneously until the device enters the Fastboot Mode
- Navigate to Recovery option using volume and power button -> Choose English -> Install from Internal storage -> Select the downloaded zip file -> Select ‘Yes’
- Wait until the installation is complete -> Reboot